- A review of Lexmark and Perceptive Software's significant news over the past quarter, including corporate news, contract wins, product introductions and industry recognition
Sep 5, 2012
LEXINGTON, Ky., Sept. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/48240-lexmark-perceptive-software-quarterly-business-roundup
Lexmark recently announced restructuring actions necessary to drive improved profitability and significant savings. Strategically, the company is focusing its investments on higher-value imaging and software solutions and believes the synergies between imaging and the emerging software elements of its business will continue to drive growth across the organization as Lexmark delivers greater value for its customers.
The company also announced an additional $100 million in share repurchases to be executed during the remainder of 2012.
- Lexmark announced restructuring actions, including the exiting of the development and manufacturing of the company's remaining inkjet hardware, which are expected to result in annualized savings of $95 million once fully implemented. To access the news release, click here, and for the announcement presentation information, click here.
- Lexmark's Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.30 per share of Lexmark Class A Common Stock. The dividend is payable on Sept. 14, 2012, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on Aug. 31, 2012.
- Lexmark announced financial results for the second quarter of 2012. To access the earnings news release, click here, and for the earnings presentation information, click here.
Customer News and Recognition
Lexmark, Perceptive Software and Brainware each announced important contract wins in the quarter for printing technology and software. In addition, Lexmark earned third-party recognition for its innovative color workgroup devices after rigorous testing, as well as Scan to Sharepoint, a convenient solution for scanning hard copy documents into digital format.
- Lexmark was awarded a five-year contract valued at $21 million that will make it the sole provider of printing technology for the Federal Aviation Administration.
- AEG, one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world, has streamlined its accounts payable process with Perceptive Software's process and content management products and solutions for accounts payable.
- Perceptive Software announced that its customer UWV Netherlands is the Judges Choice Award winner in the 2012 Global Awards for Excellence in Adaptive Case Management.
- Novosit, a business process outsourcing (BPO) and IT consulting firm based in the Dominican Republic, has contracted with Brainware to use and distribute the Brainware Distiller application for intelligent data capture in Latin America.
- The Lexmark C748de color laser printer received a 4 out of 5 star rating in lab testing from PCWorld, in addition to being named No. 2 on their Top 10 Color Laser Printers list.
- Buyers Laboratory LLC recently bestowed honors to Lexmark's Scan to SharePoint solution and the Lexmark X950de and C950de color workgroup products, recognizing each with their Pick of the Year distinction.
Products, Software, Solutions and Services
Lexmark has long worked to combat counterfeit sales of supplies, actively checking domestic and global markets for products that don't meet the criteria for genuine Lexmark products. Through an innovative new mobile app, Lexmark is safeguarding its brand by protecting end users and channel partners from sub-standard cartridges.
- Lexmark introduced the Lexmark ID app, allowing customers to verify Lexmark branded inkjet cartridges on the spot using only their smartphone or tablet. The app is designed to identify the acts of counterfeiters who illegally reuse and refill Lexmark cartridges and package and sell them as original Lexmark goods.
- 2Q12 Earnings News Release
- 2Q12 Earnings Presentation
- Lexmark Scan to SharePoint
- Lexmark ID App Video
Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) provides businesses of all sizes with a broad range of printing and imaging products, software, solutions and services that help customers to print less and save more. Perceptive Software, a Lexmark company, is a leading provider of process and content management software that helps organizations fuel greater operational efficiency. In 2011, Lexmark sold products in more than 170 countries and reported more than $4 billion in revenue.
Lexmark and Lexmark with diamond design are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All prices, features, specifications and capabilities are subject to change without notice.
SOURCE Lexmark International, Inc.
For further information: John Morgan, Investor Contact, +1-859-232-5568, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Jerry Grasso, Media Contact, +1-859-232-3546, email@example.com