- A review of Lexmark and Perceptive Software's significant news over the past quarter, including corporate news, contract wins, product introductions and industry recognition
Dec 3, 2012
LEXINGTON, Ky., Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Lexmark's third quarter financial results were highlighted by solid free cash flow generation and ongoing growth in Perceptive Software and managed print services (MPS). Lexmark offers an attractive dividend yield as it continues solid execution of the company's capital allocation framework.
- Lexmark announced financial results for the third quarter of 2012. To access the earnings news release, click here, and for the earnings presentation information, click here.
- Lexmark's Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.30 per share of Lexmark Class A Common Stock. The dividend is payable on Dec. 14, 2012, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on Nov. 30, 2012.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/48245-lexmark-perceptive-software-quarterly-business-roundup
Other Corporate News
In addition to Lexmark pledging its corporate support to further science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education in the Commonwealth, Lexmark employees volunteered their time and talent throughout the quarter to important corporate social responsibility causes.
- Lexmark teamed with The Nature Conservancy and the Forest Preserve District of Cook County to support the PGA of America with a tree-planting event. Volunteers from these organizations planted a diverse selection of 50 native trees and shrubs in Busse Woods Forest Preserve in an effort to offset the PGA of America's paper consumption throughout the five-day 39th Ryder Cup golf tournament in September.
- Lexmark has provided support to Kentucky's involvement in the STEMx Network, a national network dedicated to transforming STEM education in the United States and providing K-12 students with the necessary learning to productively join the future STEM workforce. Kentucky STEMx is working to connect stakeholders from across K-12 and higher education, business, government, philanthropy and the community to impact STEM education and workforce development in Kentucky.
- Several Lexmark employees shared their personal stories in a new video to support the It Gets Better Project, which was created in 2010 in the wake of several teen suicides related to bullying. The Gay-Straight Alliance of Lexmark Employees Diversity Network Group led the creation of Lexmark's It Gets Better video and premiered it during a celebration at the company's Lexington, Ky., headquarters on National Coming Out Day.
Customer News and Company Recognition
Lexmark has again garnered notable distinctions from Gartner, Inc. by earning Leader positions in two Magic Quadrants, attesting to the company's knowledge and expertise in the MPS and printer/MFP arenas.
Lexmark and Perceptive Software also announced important contract wins in the quarter for printing technology and software, validating that Lexmark's value proposition is resonating with customers around the globe.
- Lexmark announced it has been positioned by leading industry analyst firm Gartner, Inc. in the Leaders quadrant of its 2012 "Magic Quadrant: Managed Print Services Worldwide" report1.
- Lexmark has also been positioned by leading industry analyst firm Gartner, Inc. in the Leaders quadrant of its 2012 MFP and Printer Magic Quadrant2.
- Lexmark was awarded a five-year printing solution services agreement from Statoil, a leading energy company within the oil and gas production industry. The contract, valued at approximately $20 million for the initial contract period, makes Lexmark the sole printing solution services provider for Statoil operations worldwide.
- Siemens, a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, has selected Perceptive Intelligent Capture, powered by Brainware, for accounts payable automation within the company's European Shared Services Center in Germany. The customer will implement Perceptive Software's intelligent data capture platform for the processing of more than 1.5 million invoices annually.
- Perceptive Software recently announced that ING Group, one of the world's largest banks with more than $1.6 trillion in assets, has implemented Perceptive Intelligent Capture, powered by Brainware, for the efficient capture and validation of header and line-item data from paper-based documents at the financial institution's headquarters in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Altru Health System has selected Perceptive Software content and process management solutions to complement its Epic patient registration, health information management and patient finance processes across the entire organization, helping it capture, store, manage and access data within the patient record.
- The Human Rights Campaign Foundation has recognized Lexmark's commitment to equality in the workplace. The foundation's 2013 Corporate Equality Index ranks Lexmark among the top companies with a perfect score of 100.
- Lexmark was recognized for the quality and depth of its patent portfolio by Ocean Tomo, LLC, the leading intellectual capital merchant bank™ firm, through inclusion in the Ocean Tomo 300® Patent Index, a diversified listing of the 300 companies that own the most valuable patent portfolios relative to the book value of the company. Lexmark has contributed to the performance of the Ocean Tomo 300® Patent Index in all seven years the index has existed.
Products, Software, Solutions and Services News
Lexmark continues to leverage its investment in the Perceptive Software portfolio in combination with smart multifunction products (MFPs) to reduce the complexities of manual processes and heighten performance for its customers. The quarter was highlighted by an array of new product and solution introductions from both Lexmark and Perceptive Software, including the first industry recognition for Lexmark's new color laser printers and MFPs.
- In one of the most significant product launches in the company's history, Lexmark introduced a wide breadth of new laser printers and MFPs built on an enhanced technology platform that delivers productivity-enhancing solutions.
- Lexmark announced Lexmark Secure Content Monitor, a security solution that mitigates risk and protects companies and agencies from potential threats to confidential information, profits and productivity by enabling businesses to automatically track and audit sensitive information.
- Perceptive Software released Perceptive Mobile for Windows, available for Windows 8 and Windows RT, Microsoft Corp.'s new version of the Windows operating system. With Perceptive Mobile for Windows, users can participate in business processes, seamlessly view and interact with associated content, update a case, and make informed decisions from their Windows 8 device virtually anywhere.
- Perceptive Software has launched Perceptive eAuthorize, powered by AssureSign, a leader in the electronic signature market. Perceptive eAuthorize allows any document to be electronically sent to any Perceptive Software user or third party in order to obtain a compliant electronic signature, followed by automatic uploading and storage of the signed document in Perceptive Software's enterprise content management solution.
- Coupled with Lexmark's new laser devices, the company introduced Unison toner, a re-architected print system utilizing an advanced toner formulation to deliver consistently outstanding image quality, long-life system reliability and environmentally-sound performance, all within an innovative, shake-free cartridge.
- The Lexmark CS310/410/510 Series of color laser printers and Lexmark CX310/410/510 Series of color laser MFPs have been recognized by Better Buys for Business with a 2012 Editor's Choice award in their color printer and color printer multifunctional categories.
- 3Q12 Earnings News Release
- 3Q12 Earnings Presentation
- Lexmark Smart MFPs Video
- Lexmark Unison Toner Video
- Lexmark Secure Content Monitor Video
Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) provides businesses of all sizes with a broad range of printing and imaging products, software, solutions and services that help customers to print less and save more. Perceptive Software, a Lexmark company, is a leading provider of process and content management software that helps organizations fuel greater operational efficiency. In 2011, Lexmark sold products in more than 170 countries and reported more than $4 billion in revenue.
Lexmark and Lexmark with diamond design are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All prices, features, specifications and capabilities are subject to change without notice.
1 Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Managed Print Services, Worldwide, Ken Weilerstein, Cecile Drew, Yulan Li, October 25, 2012.
2 Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for MFPs and Printers, Worldwide, Sharon McNee, Federico De Silva, October 24, 2012.
SOURCE Lexmark International, Inc.
For further information: Investor Contact: John Morgan, +1-859-232-5568, email@example.com; Media Contact: Jerry Grasso, +1-859-232-3546, firstname.lastname@example.org