FBI chooses Lexmark as exclusive output provider in $30 million agreement
Jul 22, 2013
LEXINGTON, Ky., July 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) has become the exclusive output provider to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in a deal estimated at more than $30 million over a three-year period.
- Lexmark's Print Management solution has been deployed across the FBI's optimized fleet of smart Lexmark printers and multifunction products (MFPs) to reduce unnecessary printing, control overall printing costs and provide for strong user authentication, data security and information assurance.
- To further lower costs and increase efficiencies, nearly 20,000 printing devices currently in use by the FBI are being replaced with Lexmark's more efficient color and monochrome printers and MFPs and connected to the FBI's cloud IT infrastructure.
- Lexmark's Markvision Enterprise, advanced device management software for networked printers and MFPs, has been implemented to bring greater visibility and consistency to the FBI's newly optimized output environment in the form of robust monitoring and reporting capabilities.
- Lexmark has delivered its Common Access Card (CAC)-enabled printing technology and solutions across 142 FBI locations nationwide as a subcontractor through Intelligent Decisions, a recognized leader in developing and delivering innovative federal IT solutions to the civilian, defense and intelligence communities.
- With more than $2.5 billion in savings to date, Lexmark is on track to help the federal government save $10 billion in costs by the year 2020 through a combination of innovative hardware and software technology that reduces printing and imaging expenses.
"There is a reason Lexmark has a strong presence today in eight of the top 10 U.S. federal agencies(1)," said Marty Canning, Lexmark executive vice president and president of Imaging Solutions and Services. "We have built years of knowledge and expertise in the federal government arena, giving us an edge to put an effective output strategy in place that aids these agencies in running more efficiently while supporting their important missions and future initiatives."
- Lexmark blanket purchase agreement with SSA
- Lexmark printing contract with FAA
- Lexmark MPS agreement with USDA
- Lexmark printer contract with VA
- Department of Defense award to Acuo Technologies
- Easy money: How to save big money on printing costs
Lexmark is uniquely focused on connecting unstructured printed and digital information across enterprises with the processes, applications and people that need it most. For more information, please visit www.lexmark.com.
Lexmark and Lexmark with diamond design are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
(1) Federal agencies are based upon full time civilian employment according to U.S. Office of Personnel Management, Employment and Trends as of 12/2011, Table 2
SOURCE Lexmark International, Inc.
For further information: Melissa Lucas, (859) 232-5806, email@example.com