Lexmark Quarterly Business Roundup
Sep 10, 2014
LEXINGTON, Ky., Sept. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) announced second quarter financial results, reflecting the company's ongoing progress in transforming to a higher value portfolio. To access the earnings news release, click here, and for the earnings presentation, click here.
- Lexmark's Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.36 per share of Lexmark Class A Common Stock. The dividend will be paid on Sept. 12, 2014, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on Aug. 29, 2014.
- Lexmark continued share repurchases in the third quarter. To access the Form 8-K, click here.
- Lexmark announced the results of its tender offer of ReadSoft. Lexmark announced that approximately 98 percent of the shareholders of Sweden-based ReadSoft have accepted Lexmark's revised tender offer of Swedish Krona (SEK) 57.00 per share, as of Sept. 4.
Customer News and Company Recognition
- IDC MarketScape again named Lexmark an industry leader in managed print and document services. The 2014 report states that Lexmark differentiates its offerings from competitors in a number of ways including: broad technology ownership, deep industry expertise, global capabilities and customer intimacy.
- Lexmark was once again named a leader in Quocirca's MPS Vendor Landscape. Lexmark was positioned as a leader in managed print services for the third year in a row by this leading European-based industry analyst firm.
- Lexmark's Perceptive Software was positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Search. Gartner's marketplace evaluation is based on completeness of vision and ability to execute.
- Catholic Health selected Perceptive for its Software Enterprise Content Management Solution. Perceptive will provide efficient processing and image enablement for healthcare financial and human resources transactions and workflow.
- Perceptive Software achieved DIACAP Certification for Vendor Neutral Archive Solution (VNA) to support U.S. Department of Defense Integrated Clinical Systems Program. Validation of Perceptive Acuo VNA enables live management and sharing of medical images between military healthcare facilities worldwide.
- Piedmont Healthcare expanded its Perceptive Software solutions with VNA for enterprise medical image management. VNA was selected to improve interoperability of existing imaging systems and to provide better control of clinical data across regional hospitals and clinics for workflow and image sharing.
Products, Software, Solutions and Services News
- Lexmark complemented its enterprise portfolio with new devices featuring enhanced productivity and security. Lexmark Smart MFPs and printers provide an intuitive and consistent user experience to bridge the paper and digital worlds across the enterprise.
- Lexmark's Perceptive Software launched Perceptive Cloud Share. This lightweight, scalable solution offers best-of-breed rich content management in the cloud.
- Lexmark's Perceptive Software and Source Technologies launched Perceptive Secure Print. This integrated software and MICR printer solution delivers secure printing for documents, such as checks, on an as-needed basis.
- MySignShop creates high-quality retail signs, labels, tags and more. This print application enables retail stores to print signage on demand and on site.
- Four Central Kentucky teachers received Lexmark's INSPIRE teaching award. The program recognizes outstanding Central Kentucky area elementary, middle and high school science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) teachers.
- Lexmark played a key role in the 2014 PGA Championship. As the Official Imaging and Printing Solutions Provider of the PGA of America, Lexmark's technology, solutions and services printed and scanned over 200,000 pages during the 96th annual PGA Championship.
- Lexmark dedicated its 19th Habitat for Humanity house in Lexington. Over 125 Lexmark employees volunteered approximately 1,800 hours to build the 2014 Habitat for Humanity house over the course of about seven weekends.
- Lexmark hosted the second annual Youth Science Summit. More than 100 students and 135 STEM professionals, volunteers, speakers and committee members attended the Youth Science Summit at Lexmark's headquarters.
- Lexmark released its 2013 Corporate Social Responsibility report. This report highlights Lexmark's pledge to provide innovative, high-quality products and services for our customers in a responsible manner from both a humanitarian and an ecological perspective.
Additional content is available on Lexmark's News Blog.
Lexmark is uniquely focused on connecting unstructured printed and digital information across enterprises with the processes, applications and people that need it most. For more information, please visit www.lexmark.com.
Lexmark and Lexmark with diamond design are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Lexmark International, Inc.
For further information: Investor Contact: John Morgan, (859) 232-5568, email@example.com; Media Contact: Emily Rardin, (859) 232-7818, firstname.lastname@example.org