Alberta Health Services selects Lexmark for managed print services
Nov 4, 2014
LEXINGTON, Ky., Nov. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) today announced it has signed a five-year managed print services (MPS) agreement for approximately $100 million with Alberta Health Services (AHS) of Alberta, Canada.
- Alberta Health Services conducted a rigorous evaluation through an open competitive bid process, which began in 2013 and resulted in the selection of Lexmark as the service provider best able to meet the organizational print goals.
- Lexmark will provide AHS with managed services including business assessments, infrastructure optimization, asset management, proactive consumables management, maintenance service, software solutions, reporting and governance.
- Lexmark will deploy a standardized fleet of innovative printers and smart multifunction products (MFPs) across more than 900 AHS departmental locations, helping to standardize AHS' existing print environment.
- Another key component of this MPS engagement is the reduction of AHS' environmental impact due to printing, which Lexmark's MPS deployment will immediately address when rolled out across the provincial health system.
- Lexmark will also provide AHS with specific healthcare solutions such as Lexmark's Downtime Reports, which enables MFPs to provide anytime access to documents such as patient forms, charts and reports – even during computer or network downtime. This solution eliminates the barriers that impede productivity and patient care, while maintaining access to critical records.
"Lexmark's deep healthcare industry expertise and leadership in MPS deployments are among the many reasons AHS has chosen Lexmark," said Marty Canning, Lexmark executive vice president and president of Imaging Solutions and Services. "Lexmark's results-driven world-class MPS methodology will help AHS better manage its printing needs and challenges, and enable the organization to focus on providing the best health support and service for its patients across the province."
Lexmark is uniquely focused on connecting unstructured printed and digital information across enterprises with the processes, applications and people that need it most. For more information, please visit www.lexmark.com.
Lexmark and Lexmark with diamond design are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Lexmark International, Inc.
For further information: Investor Contact: John Morgan, (859) 232-5568, email@example.com, Media Contact: Amanda Stamper, (859) 232-5806, firstname.lastname@example.org