Gartner positions Lexmark in Leaders quadrant of 2014 Magic Quadrant for Managed Print and Content Services
Nov 10, 2014
LEXINGTON, Ky., Nov. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) announces that it has been positioned in the Leaders quadrant by leading industry analyst firm Gartner, Inc. in its Magic Quadrant for Managed Print and Content Services1. For four consecutive years, Lexmark has been positioned as a Leader in the firm's Magic Quadrant report.
- Gartner defines Managed Content Services (MCS) as "a comprehensive solution that rationalizes, streamlines and optimizes business communications inside the organization by providing customers with consultative help, software, and implementation. In the early stages of maturation, it is tightly coupled with managed print services and focuses on communications inside the organization."
- In the Gartner Magic Quadrant report, Lexmark was evaluated on "completeness of vision" as well as its "ability to execute." According to Gartner, "Leaders provide MPS and MCS to a wide range of customers, including the largest and most geographically dispersed, so they must demonstrate a truly global reach. They must demonstrate not only the skills to deliver today's MPS and MCS, but also the understanding, initiative and resources to prepare for tomorrow's MPS and MCS. Leaders characteristically augment the full scope of MPS with a wide range of added-value services. As a result, they are frequently shortlisted by large and midsize customers."
- Other recent recognition for Lexmark in addition to a Leader position in the Magic Quadrant includes:
- Within the last 24 months, Lexmark has competed for and won 22 MPS contracts with companies listed on either the Global 500 or Fortune 500 lists, representing new, incremental business to Lexmark. Lexmark also retained existing MPS customers, reporting a 100 percent renewal rate in 2013.
"Lexmark has consistently been a leader in implementations of industry-specific solutions as part of our managed print services offering," said Marty Canning, Lexmark executive vice president and president of Imaging Solutions and Services. "Our recent software acquisitions, starting with Perceptive Software, expanded our customer solutions to create a managed print and content services portfolio that is unmatched in the industry. We are pleased that Gartner has recognized what we feel is the strength of Lexmark's managed print and content solutions portfolio and are proud to be named as a leader on the Magic Quadrant for Managed Print and Content Services."
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchant.
Lexmark is uniquely focused on connecting unstructured printed and digital information across enterprises with the processes, applications and people that need it most. For more information, please visit www.lexmark.com.
Lexmark and Lexmark with diamond design are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
1 Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Managed Print and Content Services, Worldwide, Ken Weilerstein, Elizabeth Kim, Sharon McNee, November 6, 2014.
SOURCE Lexmark International, Inc.
For further information: Shannon Lyman, 859-232-5532, email@example.com