Lexmark Maintains a Leader Position in Gartner 2015 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Search
Evaluation Based on Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute
Aug 25, 2015
LEXINGTON, Ky., Aug. 25, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- Lexmark today announced it has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the Leaders Quadrant for enterprise search solutions, 2015. Gartner evaluated 15 vendors in its most recent iteration of the annual Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Search1. This is the second consecutive year that Lexmark has been positioned as a Leader in the firm's Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Search.
- Lexmark's Perceptive Enterprise Search capabilities offer unparalleled content discovery and output technology that unlocks valuable content regardless of where it exists — enterprise systems, SharePoint, email systems, network shares, websites, databases, social media and any other source. Users also can easily analyze and explore the relationships between disparate pieces of information.
- Gartner states that "Enterprise search technology relates users' queries to many different kinds of information in order to identify relevant, contextualized information and, in the process, perform light analysis. Vendors in the enterprise search market provide the means to discover information, index it, and combine it with information derived from live queries in order to help people find what they need in a timely fashion. The ability to collect queries from users and apply them to a matrix of information and informative sources, and then to communicate results back to users efficiently, is at the heart of enterprise search technology."
- Lexmark solutions capture, process, manage and deliver business-critical information, making it accessible, from any location, on any device, at the precise time it is needed, simplifying and transforming the First Mile™ of the customer experience.
- Learn more about what makes Lexmark a leader in Enterprise Search.
"We believe Lexmark's continued leadership position in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Search validates the strength of this important and differentiating component of our solutions," said Reynolds C. Bish, vice president, Lexmark and president, Enterprise Software. "Perceptive Enterprise Search makes locating key information simple, straightforward and quick, allowing users to rapidly access the information they need and then take immediate action — responding to a customer, completing a task, solving a problem or advancing a business process. The result is improved operational efficiency and enhanced customer engagement."
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Lexmark (NYSE: LXK) creates enterprise software, hardware and services that remove the inefficiencies of information silos and disconnected processes, connecting people to the information they need at the moment they need it. Open the possibilities at www.Lexmark.com.
Lexmark, the Lexmark logo and Open the possibilities are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
1 Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Search, Whit Andrews, Hanns Koehler-Kruener, 19 August 2015
SOURCE Lexmark International, Inc.
For further information: Jeremy McNeive, (913) 667-5003, firstname.lastname@example.org