Lexmark products receive Mopria certification for ease of mobile printing
Mar 25, 2014
LEXINGTON, Ky., March 25, 2014 –
• MopriaTM Alliance executive member Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) has received Mopria™ global certification across several product series for delivering simple wireless printing from Mopria-certified smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.
• The Mopria Alliance is a non-profit membership organization of leading global technology companies focused on providing simple wireless printing from smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.
• Google® recently introduced print into its latest Android™ operating system version 4.4 (KitKat). The Mopria Alliance has innovated on top of this basic print framework with a print plug-in for handsets using the Android 4.4 OS. Coming soon, this plug-in will include print device compatibility to all Mopria-certified printers, connectivity for NFC tap-to-print and PDF support.
• Lexmark received certification across a large portion of its product line including most models within the following product series: MS310 Series, MS410 Series, MS510 Series, MS610 Series, MS710 Series, MS810 Series, CS310 Series, CS410 Series, CS510 Series, CX310 Series, CX410 Series, CCX510 Series, MX310 Series, MX410 Series, MX510 Series, MS610 Series, MX710 Series, XC2100 Series, M1100 Series, M3100 Series, M5100 Series, XM1100 Series, XM3100 Series, XM5100 Series and XM7100 Series.
• "Lexmark is committed to remaining in a leadership position in mobile technology and compatibility adoption," said Marty Canning, Lexmark executive vice president and president of Imaging Solutions and Services. "We are pleased to receive Mopria certification across 17 product families, representing more than 100 Lexmark products."
The Mopria™ Alliance is a non-profit membership organization of leading global technology companies with the goal of providing simple wireless printing from smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices. The Mopria Alliance’s goal is to bring together the entire industry to drive selected standards adoption, support mobile software application providers to deploy print functionality in their applications, develop experience guidelines in the interaction of mobile and print devices, certify products which will carry the Mopria logo and educate consumers and business customers about the ability to easily print from mobile devices.
Lexmark is uniquely focused on connecting unstructured printed and digital information across enterprises with the processes, applications and people that need it most. For more information, please visit www.lexmark.com.
Lexmark and Lexmark with diamond design are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For further information: Contact: Shannon Lyman, 859-232-5532, email@example.com