2The Lexmark Rewards program is not available in all countries. Visit www.lexmarkrewards.com for details.
Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) today announced results from a survey1, which identified popular printing problems facing small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Known for its proven track record of helping businesses in document-intensive environments save money and increase their productivity, Lexmark offers SMBs prescriptions to help take the pain out of these pesky printing predicaments.
- Cost of consumables – Small businesses report that buying expensive printer ink can often cause headaches. Instead of spending $4.99 on a large bottle of pain reliever, avoid those headaches by switching to Lexmark and use that same $4.99 to get aneconomical ink cartridge. Another great way to avert the pain is to look for rewards or loyalty programs that can earn you free consumables. Lexmark offers a Rewards Program2 that provides users with free genuine Lexmark ink, toner and imaging kits.
- Cost of print media – SMBs complain about the increasing cost of paper. One way to reduce paper consumption is to convert and move paper documents digitally, whenever possible. For example, many of Lexmark's inkjet and laser devices offer easy-to-use scanning solutions, such as Scan-to-Email and Scan-to-Folder, that help reduce the amount of paper used, streamline processes and bring greater productivity to the user or workgroup. Also, using two-sided printing and Eco-Mode can help reduce paper usage. For more details on saving paper, watch these tips on reducing paper usage.
- Paper jams – Did you just put the finishing touches on a big presentation and need to print it? Don’t worry about SMBs' No. 3 concern of paper jams because you can help prevent and be ready to quickly fix a jam if one occurs. Lexmark offers the following advice on how to clear a paper jam.
- Maximizing ink and toner use – Lexmark offers this advice for getting the most use out of your cartridges. Your device will likely start giving you signals that your ink or toner is running low in advance of it needing replacement. As the ink or toner runs low, your quality may start to diminish but may be sufficient for draft or proofing of jobs. Judge the print quality by reviewing the printout carefully, in conjunction with the signals the printer is giving you. Also, look for devices with individual color cartridges and have backup supplies on hand to cover any big jobs.
- Replenishment frequency of printing supplies – Frequent trips to the store and searching for a cartridge to replenish supplies is another pet peeve on the minds of SMBs. Therefore, Lexmark offers high-yield options for most of its inkjet and laser devices, reducing the number of times cartridges have to be replaced. And for those navigationally challenged SMBs, Lexmark offers aCartridge Finder SmartSolution to easily locate a nearby retailer that carries specific supplies.
For more information about Lexmark's products, solutions and services, see the "Lexmark" Facebook page and "LexmarkNews" Twitter feed, or visit the "LexmarkNews" YouTube channel for access to Lexmark videos and hands-on demonstrations.
Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) provides businesses of all sizes with a broad range of printing and imaging products, solutions and services that help them to be more productive. In 2009, Lexmark sold products in more than 150 countries and reported approximately $4.0 billion in revenue. Learn how Lexmark can help you get more done at www.lexmark.com.
Lexmark and Lexmark with diamond design are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
1This survey was conducted by MarketTools in the U.S. on behalf of Lexmark. The study was fielded in June and November of 2009 and surveyed business users.
LEXINGTON, KY. –04/12/2010