Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) will showcase Lexmark Downtime Reports, the first printer-based healthcare downtime solution, at the 2010 Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) conference being held in Atlanta. The solution, which gives hospitals 24/7 access to critical forms and reports, even if their hospital information systems fail or the network goes down, will be demonstrated on the show floor at the Lexmark booth #8215 starting today through March 3.
Lexmark Downtime Reports provides healthcare providers with a cost-effective alternative to purchasing dedicated PCs and printers for printing vital documents during downtime events. The application stores reports, forms and other important documents on the printer or multifunction product's (MFP) encrypted hard drive. Once stored, these PDF documents are available and updated on a periodic basis. This enables clinicians to access critical documents when a downtime event occurs.
In addition to storing blank forms and reports, organizations may optionally choose to store forms barcoded with patient IDs and form types. This allows for efficient auto-indexing when scanning documents to help expedite updates to a patient’s electronic record after the system or network is back up.
"Healthcare providers need access to forms and information at a moment's notice, even during a scheduled or unscheduled network outage,” said Marty Canning, Lexmark vice president and president of its Printing Solutions and Services Division. “Available on Lexmark's award-winning line of laser printers and MFPs, Lexmark Downtime Reports is designed to make information accessible when it is needed, helping healthcare providers deal with the unexpected and deliver uninterrupted patient care."
See how Lexmark is helping Detroit Medical Center and OSF Saint Francis Medical Center reduce their output costs and improve operational efficiency.
Aside from Lexmark Downtime Reports, other solutions will be showcased in the Lexmark booth during HIMSS. They include:
- Lexmark Output Analyzer helps you assess how your organization compares with best practices for output management in healthcare. Stop by our booth for an on-the-spot assessment, and learn how Lexmark can help you print less and save more.
- Lexmark Queue & View™ pairs Lexmark MFPs with proven physician order management software to replace time consuming, error prone order faxing with scanned orders. Orders are displayed onscreen in a priority queue to enable fast, accurate follow through.
- Lexmark Forms on Demand lets you select and print forms directly from the e-Task touch screen on Lexmark printers and MFPs. By replacing expensive preprinted forms and labels with intelligent barcoded forms, the solution saves time and allows for efficient auto-indexing when scanning hard copy documents.
- Lexmark Scan to Network Premium lets you capture an image of hard copy documents using just your Lexmark MFP. Preview, enhance and index your image, then route it to a shared network folder. Advanced imaging, indexing and notification features let you create intelligent, high-quality images and confirm their delivery.
- Lexmark Print Release is an access control security solution that lets you send print jobs from a workstation, tablet PC or Mobile Wireless Cart and print your jobs on the nearest Print Release-enabled printer or MFP. Print Release protects confidential information by requiring you to authenticate at the device before your print jobs will be released. The solution supports a variety of authentication options, including proximity badges and magnetic stripe cards.
- Lexmark DocMP lets you capture and manage documents or files in a highly secure document management platform. The solution improves business processes by streamlining paper-based workflows and facilitating information sharing among authorized users; it also prevents lost documents and ensures that information is retained for its required time period. Typical processes that can be improved with a Lexmark DocMP solution include new hire onboarding, accounts payables/receivables records, and contract file management.
For more information about Lexmark's offerings for healthcare providers, visit www.lexmark.com/healthcare.
For more information, see the "Lexmark" Facebook page and the "LexmarkNews" Twitter feed.
Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) provides businesses of all sizes with a broad range of printing and imaging products, solutions and services that help them to be more productive. In 2009, Lexmark sold products in more than 150 countries and reported approximately $4.0 billion in revenue. Learn how Lexmark can help you get more done at www.lexmark.com.
Lexmark and Lexmark with diamond design are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.