Nebraska Methodist Health System Selects Lexmark Accounts Payable Automation
Combination of intelligent capture, workflow and content management enhances existing financial systems efficiency
Sep 28, 2015
- Lexmark announces that Omaha-based Nebraska Methodist Health System (NMHS) will deploy the Lexmark Accounts Payable (AP) Automation solution across its healthcare facilities and clinics to improve visibility and efficiency.
- The Lexmark AP Automation solution, including Perceptive Intelligent Capture, was selected by Nebraska Methodist to manage accounts payable automation across all of its enterprise locations. It will integrate with the healthcare provider’s Infor Lawson ERP system to give end users a central location to access documents related to invoice processing and workflow, minimizing the need for manual data entry and enabling rapid routing of invoice data for approval.
- Deployed via an on-premise, cloud or hybrid model, Lexmark AP Automation is designed to work with a healthcare provider’s existing ERP applications to provide better control of received and invoiced goods, shorten processing time, improve data quality, and enhance security while reducing costs and manual workload.
- Lexmark AP Automation uses Perceptive Intelligent Capture for accurate, template-free extraction of invoice information. It provides advanced workflow to keep track of all invoices and simplify audits while leveraging content management to connect documents with transactions and make them accessible for decision support.
- One hundred percent of U.S.-based HIMSS Stage 7 healthcare systems use Lexmark products and solutions.
- Lexmark is positioned as a "leader" in Gartner's most recent Magic Quadrants for enterprise content management, enterprise search and managed print services; and in Forrester’s most recent Waves for ECM transactional services and ECM business content services.
“Lexmark software offers great flexibility for supporting our business processes,” said Alan Harmon, AP Manager, Nebraska Methodist Health System. “Their extensive experience in healthcare financial process automation is valuable as we work to improve processing efficiency and simplify access to a growing volume of data across our enterprise.”
“Our healthcare solutions allow clinicians and administrators to work efficiently and make better informed decisions that improve the patient experience and internal operations,” said Reynolds C. Bish, vice president Lexmark and president, Enterprise Software. “The tight integration we’ve achieved with Infor Lawson and other core business and clinical applications enables users to quickly link documents to the corresponding patient or vendor transaction records, and manage the capture, organization and routing of documents for easier, more cost-effective access and sharing of information.”
- Explore Lexmark healthcare solutions
- Read InContext healthcare news and trends
- Stay in touch with Lexmark Healthcare on LinkedIn
About Nebraska Methodist Health System
Nebraska Methodist Health System (NMHS), formed in 1982, is the first health system in the area. With three hospitals, 21 clinic locations, a nursing and allied health college, medical supply distributorship and central laundry, Methodist Health System brings the full resources of a regional network of health care providers, educators and support services. An affiliate of Methodist Health System, Methodist Hospital is a not-for-profit, 423-bed acute care hospital serving the metropolitan-Omaha area. Methodist Hospital has a 121-year tradition of providing quality health care to the region. For more information, visit www.bestcare.org.
Lexmark (NYSE: LXK) creates enterprise software, hardware and services that remove the inefficiencies of information silos and disconnected processes, connecting people to the information they need at the moment they need it. Open the possibilities at www.Lexmark.com.
Lexmark, the Lexmark logo and Open the possibilities are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For further information: Investor Contact: John Morgan, (859) 232-5568, firstname.lastname@example.org Media Contact: Mark Bowen, (205) 447-3115, Mark.email@example.com