WakeMed Health & Hospitals Selects Lexmark Accounts Payable Automation
Intelligent information capture, workflow and enterprise content management brings automation and efficiency to enhance existing financial systems
Oct 8, 2015
- Lexmark announces that Raleigh, North Carolina-based WakeMed Health & Hospitals will deploy the Lexmark Accounts Payable (AP) Automation solution across its healthcare facilities to improve visibility and efficiency within their invoice processing functions.
- The Lexmark AP Automation solution, including Perceptive Intelligent Capture and Content, was selected by WakeMed to manage the large volume of invoices flowing into its accounts payable and materials management departments. It will integrate with WakeMed’s Infor Lawson ERP system, minimizing the need for manual data entry and enabling rapid routing of invoices for approval.
- Lexmark AP Automation uses Perceptive Intelligent Capture for accurate, template-free extraction of invoice information. It provides advanced workflow to speed approval, resolve exceptions and simplify audits while leveraging enterprise content management to connect documents with transactions and make them accessible for decision support.
- Deployed via an on-premise, cloud or hybrid model, Lexmark AP Automation is designed to work with a healthcare provider’s existing ERP applications to provide better cash management, reduce manual workloads and processing times, improve data quality and enhance security while lowering costs.
- WakeMed is an existing customer of Lexmark Managed Print Services (MPS).
- Lexmark’s enterprise image connectivity solutions are used by half of all U.S. hospitals.
- One hundred percent of U.S.-based HIMSS Stage 7 healthcare systems use Lexmark enterprise software and solutions.
“Lexmark AP Automation offers a great deal of flexibility for supporting our accounts payable and materials management processes while providing the scalability we will need as business volumes grow,” said Denton Arledge, CIO, WakeMed. “We selected Lexmark based on the ability to integrate with our Infor Lawson financial process automation systems.”
“To achieve excellence in financial process automation, healthcare organizations must be able to effectively access and manage information that lives outside of core business applications,” said Reynolds C. Bish, vice president of Lexmark and president of Lexmark Enterprise Software. “Lexmark offers our healthcare customers a broad range of software and solutions to keep efficiencies high and associated costs low.”
- Explore Lexmark healthcare solutions
- Read InContext healthcare news and trends
- Stay in touch with Lexmark Healthcare on LinkedIn
About WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Serving the community since 1961, WakeMed Health & Hospitals is a nationally recognized, private, not-for-profit health care organization founded and based in Raleigh, N.C. The largest health system in Wake County, WakeMed exists to improve the health and well-being of our community by providing outstanding, compassionate, patient- and family-centered care to all. The 919-bed system comprises a network of facilities throughout the Triangle area; delivering health and wellness services that bring added value to the communities we serve. WakeMed is a leader in cardiac and vascular care, women’s and children’s services, emergency medicine and trauma care, physical rehabilitation, orthopaedics and neurosciences. Specialty facilities include the WakeMed Heart Center, Children’s Hospital, Women’s Pavilion and Birthplace, Rehabilitation Hospital, Adult and Children’s Emergency Departments and a Level 1 Trauma Center. WakeMed’s team of more than 8,200 employees, 1,500 volunteers, 1,200 affiliated physicians, and the more than 255 physicians employed by WakeMed Physician Practices use the most advanced technologies along with the best minds and the biggest hearts to ensure the finest quality in health care and community health. For more information, visit www.wakemed.org.
Lexmark (NYSE: LXK) creates enterprise software, hardware and services that remove the inefficiencies of information silos and disconnected processes, connecting people to the information they need at the moment they need it. Open the possibilities at www.Lexmark.com.
Lexmark, the Lexmark logo and Open the possibilities are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For further information: Investor Contact: John Morgan, (859) 232-5568, email@example.com Media Contact: Jeremy McNeive, (913) 227-6090, firstname.lastname@example.org Media Contact: Mark Bowen, (205) 447-3115, Mark.email@example.com