Lexmark Exhibit at RSNA15 to Benefit Camp Invention’s STEM Programs for Children Across the United States
Booth and social media activity will result in Lexmark contributions to the non-profit’s efforts
Nov 9, 2015
- Lexmark today announced it will host a special benefit activity in its exhibit booth at the Radiological Society of North America’s RSNA15 conference in Chicago to support Camp Invention’s science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) programs for children across the United States.
- RSNA attendees are invited to have a photo taken at the Lexmark Healthcare exhibit or to tag a photo on Twitter or Instagram with #innovationwall. These images will come together on an Innovation Wall in the Lexmark Healthcare exhibit booth to create a real-time, collaborative mosaic depicting the future of healthcare.
- For each photo tagged and posted on the mosaic, Lexmark Healthcare will make a contribution toward Camp Invention student scholarships. RSNA attendees are invited to stop by the Lexmark Healthcare exhibit booth throughout the conference to check the progress of the composite image.
- RSNA attendees can find Lexmark Healthcare in North-Hall B of Chicago’s McCormick Place, exhibit space 8117, from November 29 through December 3.
- Camp Invention is a nationally recognized summer enrichment program for children in grades one through six that helps them develop critical thinking skills. In partnership with the National Inventors Hall of Fame, the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the Collegiate Inventors Competition, Camp Invention programs at more than 1,500 locations across 49 states have encouraged nearly two million children with immersive, hands-on challenges that teach STEM concepts, including robotics, solar energy, ecological diversity, modeling, mechanical prototyping and others.
- In hospitals and health systems, Lexmark healthcare and medical imaging solutions connect healthcare staff with the business and clinical information they need to provide better patient service levels. Both clinical and non-clinical content that normally resides outside of core patient care and business systems becomes accessible and actionable. The result is a more complete and accessible patient record.
- One hundred percent of U.S.-based HIMSS Stage 7 healthcare systems use Lexmark products and solutions. Lexmark’s enterprise image connectivity solutions are used by half of all U.S. hospitals.
“For over 25 years, we have encouraged our Camp Invention students to think outside the box and embrace the inquisitive nature of their minds to explore, create and invent,” said Invent Now, Inc. CEO Michael Oister, which coordinates Camp Invention. “We are honored to work with Lexmark Healthcare to offer scholarships to future innovators. Together with our extraordinary partners, Camp Invention will set a precedent that inspiration and innovation are not limited by age or generation so that we can continue to help drive the progression of our nation.”
“Today’s children are tomorrow’s healthcare and technology problem solvers,” said Reynolds C. Bish, vice president, Lexmark and president, Lexmark Enterprise Software. “Experiences that foster innovation, creativity, self-esteem, teamwork, persistence and goal-setting will better equip them to make a difference in their communities and workplaces. Many of the children at Camp Invention could not participate without the generosity of individuals and companies. We are pleased to invite RSNA attendees to join us in supporting Camp Invention enrichment programs.”
- Explore Lexmark healthcare solutions
- Read InContext healthcare news and trends
- Stay in touch with Lexmark Healthcare on LinkedIn
- Camp Invention Facebook
- Camp Invention Media Room
- Camp Invention Media Contact
Lexmark (NYSE: LXK) creates enterprise software, hardware and services that remove the inefficiencies of information silos and disconnected processes, connecting people to the information they need at the moment they need it. Open the possibilities at www.Lexmark.com.
Lexmark, the Lexmark logo and Open the possibilities are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About Camp Invention
Camp Invention is the only nationally recognized summer program focused on creativity, innovation, real-world problem solving and the spirit of invention. Through hands-on programming, Camp Invention encourages children in grades one through six to explore science, technology, engineering and mathematics curriculum inspired by some the world's great inventors. Camp Invention, the National Inventors Hall of Fame and the Collegiate Inventors Competition serve as the authority on inspiring invention and compose Invent Now. This nationwide nonprofit organization is committed to the curious minds and innovative spirits of the past, present and future. Since 1990, our education programs have served over 1 MILLION children and 125,000 teachers and Leadership Interns.