Lexmark Healthcare Delivers a More Connected and Complete Patient Record
New and enhanced enterprise imaging and ECM solutions include expanded integrations with market-leading EHR systems to enhance patient outcomes
Jun 1, 2016
- Lexmark International, a global technology leader, today announced the availability of several new and enhanced enterprise imaging and enterprise content management (ECM) offerings — all designed to help healthcare delivery organizations (HDOs) consolidate health data and images, streamline clinical workflows, and complete the patient record.
- PACS Redefined is a modular suite of software and services that provide a cost-effective alternative to traditional PACS. When implemented as part of an enterprise imaging strategy, PACS Redefined can free HDOs from vendor lock-in, break down departmental imaging silos, streamline image-sharing and access throughout the organization, and image-enable an EHR or other core clinical system. Key components of PACS Redefined include:
- Lexmark VNA (vendor neutral archive)
- NilRead Interpretation Enterprise Viewer
- Clario Worklist Management Software
- Mobile for Healthcare Solutions is designed to securely transfer photographs and clinical images captured on iOS devices to a central ECM, PACS, VNA or EHR repository. Integration with Epic's Haiku / Canto is available along with the ability to submit images within Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise's (IHE), Cross-Enterprise Document Sharing (XDS) profile.
- ECM for Healthcare Point-of-Care Capture is an enhanced solution designed with the insight of Lexmark Healthcare customers to ensure ease-of-use on the hospital floors to accommodate the fast-paced environment of patient care. Health systems focused on value-based care initiatives such as HIMSS Level 7 and workflow optimization will benefit greatly.
- Lexmark has also collaborated with Microsoft to outline best practices for the Microsoft Azure deployment of Acuo VNA in a hybrid deployment model owned and managed by the customer. These enhanced cloud capabilities provide HDOs with the flexibility needed to address growing cost and scalability concerns.
- Healthcare has a mission to improve patient outcomes while better managing costs. Lexmark makes it easier for healthcare enterprises to accomplish that mission by eliminating the inefficiency, complexity and roadblocks that prevent easy access to the documents and medical image content needed throughout that journey.
- Lexmark Healthcare was named 2015 North American Company of the Year in Healthcare Content Management by Frost & Sullivan, based on demonstrated excellence in growth, innovation and leadership.
- Healthcare Content Management (HCM) is a comprehensive approach to centralizing disparate patient documents and medical images throughout a healthcare enterprise. The strategy focuses on providing HDOs with all the technology needed to connect, manage, view and share patient content when and where it is needed. It encompasses our 20+ year, market-leading ECM for Healthcare, VNA, Enterprise Viewer and PACSGEAR image connectivity solutions. A health system can pursue each solution independently or in a comprehensive manner to advance their healthcare mission according their needs and budget.
"Healthcare organizations have made massive investments in EMR solutions," said Nadim Daher, principal analyst, medical imaging and imaging informatics, Frost & Sullivan. "Access to patient information, however, is still hindered by the disconnected silos of patient content scattered throughout the healthcare enterprise. Lexmark's ability to provide a unified approach for augmenting and optimizing the EMR's capabilities is a major step toward interoperability and availability of healthcare content. The combination of best-of-breed capabilities in Lexmark's healthcare solutions portfolio into a comprehensive HCM platform is the prime example, in today's market, of the IT foundation needed to close the loop on a holistic EMR strategy."
“These new offerings expand and enhance our healthcare software and solution portfolio based on feedback from more than 3,000 of our healthcare customers and evolving market needs,” said Reynolds C. Bish, vice president of Lexmark and president of Lexmark Enterprise Software. “This supports our mission to help healthcare customers take ownership of data, improve business operations, enhance information visibility, and provide access to all patient-centered information at the right time, in the right place, and always in context of the right patient.”
- Explore Lexmark healthcare solutions
- Read InContext healthcare news and trends
- Stay in touch with Lexmark Healthcare on LinkedIn
Lexmark (NYSE: LXK) creates enterprise software, hardware and services that remove the inefficiencies of information silos and disconnected processes, connecting people to the information they need at the moment they need it. Open the possibilities at www.Lexmark.com.
Lexmark, the Lexmark logo and Open the possibilities are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For further information: Jeremy McNeive, 913-227-6090, [email protected]