Lexmark Healthcare’s Unified Approach Connects Content for Patient Centered Care
New healthcare solutions centralize disparate patient documents and medical images throughout the healthcare enterprise
Aug 23, 2016
- Lexmark International, a global technology leader, today announced the launch of several new solutions and updates specifically designed to help healthcare provider organizations connect disparate content silos to deliver true patient centered care.
- Healthcare Content Management Viewer: Built with the clinician in mind, the HCM Viewer is a breakthrough technology that provides access to all patient images and enterprise content management assets in a single, combined viewing experience. This solution connects documents, medical imaging and XDS content with patient record systems, putting a complete patient record at the fingertips of caregivers, while reducing excessive, time consuming navigation. With the HCM Viewer, visibility and access to all patient content is streamlined, ensuring clinicians have all the patient information necessary to improve decision making and outcomes.
- The HCM Viewer is a zero-footprint, web-based viewer with URL integration capabilities, meaning there’s no additional software or plug-ins required to use the solution.
- The HCM Viewer allows multiple forms of content to be accessed in a more meaningful way that supports an emerging patient-centric model. The viewing of clinical content has traditionally been isolated to specific proprietary applications and archives. The HCM Viewer provides healthcare providers with an alternative to this traditional and costly approach to information access.
- Lexmark expands its PACSGEAR Image Capture & Connect Suite with MDR Video – Touch. This redesigned video capture device supports the acquisition of high resolution video clips in various formats and still images from multiple sources. MDR Video – Touch then sends this captured content to virtually any PACS, vendor neutral archive (VNA) or patient record system as DICOM objects or native content to a cross-document system registry or repository.
- Video and Image Enablement Workflow for Epic is a bundled offering of software and services that address the clinical information blind spots that exist when images from departmental ‘ologies are locked in systems and not accessible from electronic health record systems or PACS. It focuses on images from ‘ologies outside of radiology and cardiology, such as emergency, surgery, wound care, dermatology, ophthalmology and gastroenterology.
“The additions and enhancements to our healthcare portfolio enable health providers to better consolidate and access all the patient critical content that resides outside of core patient record systems and PACS,” said Reynolds C. Bish, vice president of Lexmark and president of Enterprise Software. “Our healthcare customers trust that Lexmark technology will allow them to connect, manage, view and share patient content when and where it’s needed, empowering them to improve patient diagnosis, care and outcomes.”
- Explore Lexmark healthcare solutions
- Read InContext healthcare news and trends
- Stay in touch with Lexmark Healthcare on LinkedIn
- Infographic: Eliminate Clinical Blindspots
Lexmark (NYSE: LXK) creates enterprise software, hardware and services that remove the inefficiencies of information silos and disconnected processes, connecting people to the information they need at the moment they need it. Open the possibilities at
Lexmark, the Lexmark logo and Open the possibilities are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For further information: Jeremy McNeive, 913-227-6090, [email protected]