- A review of Lexmark and Perceptive Software's significant news over the past quarter, including corporate news, contract wins, product introductions and industry recognition
Mar 1, 2012
LEXINGTON, Ky., March 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/-- News Facts
Corporate News and Recognition
Lexmark performed well in 2011 in the midst of a challenging economic environment around the world. The company continued solid execution of its strategic initiatives throughout the year, focusing intently on bringing greater productivity to business customers through innovative technology and a rapidly growing software and managed print services (MPS) business. Lexmark was recently positioned a leader in MPS by leading IT market research and advisory firm IDC.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/48230-lexmark-perceptive-software-quarterly-business-roundup
Lexmark also began 2012 with numerous accolades for its leadership in corporate social responsibility and commitment to global citizenship, both of which continue to be high priorities for the company.
- Lexmark announced financial results for the full year and fourth quarter of 2011, which included quarterly revenue at the top end of the guidance range as well as record laser supplies revenue, strong Perceptive Software growth and a record gross profit margin percentage for the year and quarter. To access the earnings news release, click here, and for the earnings presentation information, click here.
- Lexmark announced that its Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.25 per share of Lexmark Class A Common Stock. The dividend is payable on March 16, 2012, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on March 5, 2012.
- Lexmark has been positioned a Leader, according to IT research firm IDC's recent MPS MarketScape report, which analyzes the competitive fitness of companies providing MPS. IDC's multivendor study showed that Lexmark earned high marks on its MPS strategy and capabilities, particularly in the areas of customer service, operational execution and go-to-market approach.
- Trust Across America™, a think tank dedicated to unraveling the complexities of trustworthy business behavior, has recently bestowed two significant honors on Lexmark. Among nearly 2,500 public companies, Lexmark has been named to the Top 10 Most Trustworthy Public Companies list for the second year in a row. The company also named Lexmark's Chairman and CEO Paul Rooke to its list of Top 100 Thought Leaders in Trustworthy Business Behavior for 2012. Rooke was evaluated, along with hundreds of other candidates, and chosen amongst those leaders who are helping create trustworthy companies.
- Lexmark was named a winner in the 2012 Manufacturing Leadership 100 Awards, which honors the top manufacturing executives and organizations for their achievements. Lexmark was recognized as a leader in the sustainability category for its Lexmark Cartridge Collection Program that provides customers an easy option to return and recycle used ink and toner cartridges.
- Lexmark's newly announced OfficeEdge Pro5500 Color MFP was recognized by leading industry test lab BERTL with a 5-Star rating for its exceptional overall performance in testing. BERTL highly recommends the Lexmark device for small businesses and enterprises that require a fully functional color inkjet MFP.
- On Jan. 30, 2012, the Lexmark OfficeEdge Pro5500 was awarded an impressive 4.5 out of 5 stars by Melissa Riofrio at PCWorld and was No.1 in the Top 10 Inkjet Multifunction Printer Category.
- Lexmark honored the first three recipients of INSPIRE: Lexmark's Teaching Award. The program recognizes outstanding Central Kentucky area middle and high school science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) teachers. Lexmark presented each teacher with a $1,000 award to be used in furthering STEM education in their classrooms.
Lexmark's MPS revenue grew in excess of 25 percent in 2011 – an estimated two to three times the market – a strong testament to the company's industry-leading services offerings. A multi-year, multimillion dollar MPS win extending Lexmark's services with Anheuser-Busch into North America highlights the company's ability to provide a broad range of capabilities and execute with high standards across the globe.
Additionally, Perceptive Software closed on numerous customer agreements, reflecting the company's domestic and international expansion in this high growth market.
- Lexmark signed a five-year agreement with Anheuser-Busch to provide world-class MPS, deploy a standardized fleet of innovative printers and MFPs, and improve business processes for the leading American brewer. The agreement scope spans Anheuser-Busch locations across the U.S., including corporate offices and breweries, as well as Labatt Brewing Company locations in Canada.
- Perceptive Software recently won multiple new international customers, gaining footprints with major organizations in the healthcare, education, financial services, technology, manufacturing and distribution sectors in the United Kingdom, France, the Netherlands, Germany, Brazil, Colombia and South Africa.
- Continuing the company's momentum in the healthcare sector, Perceptive Software also won several more customers, including France-based Vitalite Health Network Pharmacies. Perceptive Software continues to expand its higher education customer base, having signed several new U.S. colleges that will integrate ImageNow with their Datatel Colleague student information systems.
Products, Software, Solutions and Services News
Lexmark and Perceptive Software enhanced their offerings over the last few months with product and software introductions that bring greater productivity and heightened performance to a range of businesses – from SMBs to the largest of enterprises. Lexmark's continued investment in these high-value offerings is helping to strongly position the company's core business for growth.
- Bringing high-quality color printing and workgroup reliability to a larger base of business customers, Lexmark introduced its robust, high-performing OfficeEdge Series of multifunction products (MFPs) in January. Built upon a new enterprise-caliber business inkjet platform, the Lexmark Pro5500 and Pro4000 color MFPs deliver the long-lasting, reliable performance of a laser with the color quality and affordability of an inkjet.
- Perceptive Software announced the general availability of its Perceptive Reflect process mining and visualization product, which allows users to quickly visualize how applications and people are working in the business environment, and most importantly, identify resource-wasting process breakdowns. By performing historical workflow visualization and analysis inside of Perceptive Software's products and other applications, Perceptive Reflect can pinpoint bottlenecks and improve process transparency to support continuous process improvement.
- Lexmark previewed its new mobile workflows app at the recent HIMSS conference in Las Vegas. The app enables rapid creation of custom mobile workflow solutions that simplify business processes in healthcare as well as other industries. Lexmark's solution allows business users to easily create custom workflows – such as clinical photo capture, incident reporting or travel and expense processing – and rapidly share them with employees via the mobile workflows app for smartphones and tablets.
- Lexmark enhanced its offerings for the public sector by combining the power of its award-winning MFP technology with Perceptive Software's ImageNow enterprise content management (ECM) software. The Public Assistance Intake and Recertification Solution works with existing case management systems to simplify any document-driven process, enhancing constituent service and increasing staff productivity.
- Full Year and 4Q11 Earnings News Release
- Full Year and 4Q11 Earnings Presentation
- Lexmark Managed Print Services
- Lexmark Corporate Social Responsibility
- Lexmark Mobile Solutions
- Lexmark Healthcare Solutions
Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) provides businesses of all sizes with a broad range of printing and imaging products, software, solutions and services that help customers to print less and save more. Perceptive Software, a stand-alone software business within Lexmark, is a leading provider of process and content management software that helps organizations fuel greater operational efficiency. In 2011, Lexmark sold products in more than 170 countries and reported more than $4 billion in revenue.
Lexmark and Lexmark with diamond design are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All prices, features, specifications and capabilities are subject to change without notice.
 IDC MarketScape, Worldwide Managed Print Services 2011 Hardcopy Vendor Analysis, doc # 232135, December 2011.
SOURCE Lexmark International, Inc.
For further information: Investors: John Morgan, +1-859-232-5568, firstname.lastname@example.org; Media: Jerry Grasso, +1-859-232-3546, email@example.com