• Perceptive Software announces that Perceptive Software’s Records Manager product is certified against Chapters 2 and 5 of the Department of Defense (DoD) 5015.2 standard for records management.
• Perceptive Records Manager centrally manages records from inception through active management, retention and final disposition, providing an integrated records and retention platform that meets the highest standard for requirements of both government and commercial enterprises.
• Records Manager allows an organization to manage all information consistently, regardless of content type, department or location, while ensuring proper controls are in place to restrict access to private information. The product supports the retention of information for the legally and administratively required amount of time, with proper destruction when its lifecycle is complete.
• Built on Perceptive Software’s proven platform and incorporating Perceptive’s user-friendly point-and-click interface, Perceptive Records Manager works in conjunction with Perceptive Content to provide users a single view into the organization’s records, integrating records and information management functionality with familiar work processes for areas like human resources, accounting, or contracts management. Rich functionality and ease of use helps ensure quick user adoption so that staff may immediately prove compliance with internal and external regulations and policies while maintaining productivity.
• The need for a comprehensive yet user-friendly records management product that is tied to the enterprise’s content management system is becoming more important as regulations increase. The Sarbanes-Oxley Act, federal rules around electronic information for discovery, the Obama administration’s electronic records memorandum and the Dodd-Frank Act of 2010 all call for transparency and accountability. Yet, according to a 2011 survey conducted by the Association for Information and Image Management (AIIM), 40 percent of respondents said they have little to no confidence in the accuracy, accessibility and trustworthiness of their electronic information. Sixty percent said this is true about email, and 30 percent felt their accessibility of records across the organization was poor to very poor.
• Perceptive Software is one of only 14 enterprise content management (ECM) vendors to have its records management product certified by the Department of Defense. The DoD 5015.2 standard defines the basic requirements that are based on operational, legislative and legal needs that must be met by records management application products acquired by the DoD. The stringent testing is conducted by the Joint Interoperability Test Command, part of the Defense Information Systems Agency that tests information technology and national security systems.
“DoD 5015.2 certification ensures organizations across all industries that Perceptive Records Manager provides the functionality they need to meet the highest standard for records management,” said Brian Anderson, chief technology officer, Perceptive Software. “Because it is built on the Perceptive platform and works in conjunction with Perceptive Content, this complex set of functionality is easy to integrate and install, and features our user-friendly point-and-click approach, ensuring quick adoption.”
“With the explosion of information, it is no longer just records managers who understand the cost of mismanaged records, but CFOs, CIOs and CEOs concerned with the cost of audits, penalties and litigation. As news reports of multi-million dollar fines for non-compliance with records management regulations become commonplace, the executive suite is aware that having a handle on the organization’s information is critical to the company’s reputation and the bottom line,” Anderson said.
DoD 5015: Where does it fit outside the Department of Defense?
RIM: Not just for destruction and defense anymore
About Perceptive Software (www.perceptivesoftware.com)
Lexmark’s Perceptive Software (NYSE: LXK) builds intelligent capture, content management, process management, enterprise search and integration products that connect the unstructured printed and digital information across enterprises with the processes, applications and people who need it most.