Ability for healthcare delivery organizations to manage, access and share medical images and other unstructured content is key to clinical, operational and financial success
- Lexmark’s Perceptive Software announces that its Acuo vendor neutral archive (VNA) platform was ranked by global market research and consulting company MarketsandMarkets as the world market share leader among all independent and PACS-affiliated VNA solution providers. According to the report, "Acuo Technologies dominated the market," leading other vendors with a 30 percent market share.
- The new MarketsandMarkets study, entitled "VNA and PACS Market - Global Forecast to 2018," reports that the vendor neutral archive is an "upcoming technology that has the ability to revolutionize imaging informatics."
- The report estimates the 2013 global VNA market to be $165 million and projects that it will reach $335.4 million by 2018 at a double-digit CAGR of 15.2 percent. Statistics in the report also indicate that across all global markets, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and rest of the world (RoW), independent vendors of VNA software will grow at a higher annual rate between 2013 and 2018 than VNAs offered by PACS vendors and infrastructure vendors.
- The report describes Perceptive’s Acuo Universal Clinical Platform as a "VNA solution that is sold by hosted, non-hosted, and hybrid business models," adding that Perceptive’s Acuo VNA “has a strong market presence, with deployments at 1,000 hospitals across nine countries," including partnerships with AT&T Healthcare, Dell, EMC Corporation, GNAX Health, IBM and Philips Healthcare.
- MarketsandMarkets defines a vendor neutral archive as an IT platform that "allows consolidation and long-term storage of medical imaging studies and other relevant medical data from multiple sources across healthcare systems in a standard format, ensuring interoperability," adding that it "empowers healthcare providers to manage and integrate the data in any clinical application by facilitating efficient communication with departmental PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication Systems), EHRs (Electronic Health Records), and viewing tools. By doing so, VNA provides disaster recovery and lifecycle management of imaging data and shrinks the total cost of data management."
- “Recognition of Perceptive Software’s Acuo VNA by MarketsandMarkets as the global VNA market share leader reflects the success our VNA customers have had gaining ownership over their clinical content, managing it throughout its lifecycle in the most efficient manner and making it available to clinicians and stakeholders at the point of need,” said Jon Hamdorf, director, global VNA solutions, Perceptive Software.
- Perceptive Software Chief Technology Officer Brian Anderson said, “As the healthcare ecosystem evolves, the ability to provide access to all unstructured content, DICOM and non-DICOM, through a unified content platform will be critical to meeting clinical, operational and financial objectives. Perceptive Software will continue to deliver industry-leading solutions to help our healthcare customers solve the unstructured information challenge.”
About MarketsandMarkets (www.marketsandmarkets.com)
MarketsandMarkets is a global market research and consulting company based in the U.S. that publishes strategically analyzed market research reports and serves as a business intelligence partner to Fortune 500 companies across the world. MarketsandMarkets also provides multi-client reports, company profiles, databases, and custom research services. MarketsandMarkets covers thirteen industry verticals; including advanced materials, automotives and transportation, banking and financial services, biotechnology, chemicals, consumer goods, telecommunications and IT, energy and power, food and beverages, industrial automation, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, semiconductor and electronics, aerospace and defense. MarketsandMarkets helps its clients grow by providing apt business insight with a huge market intelligence repository.