· Lexmark will debut its new healthcare banner, Lexmark Healthcare, at the 2015 Annual HIMSS Conference & Exhibition in Chicago, April 12-16. Lexmark Healthcare encompasses the leading healthcare software brands Lexmark has acquired, including Perceptive Software, Acuo, PACSGEAR, GNAX and Claron Technology.
· At HIMSS, Lexmark Healthcare will showcase healthcare content management, an innovative and strategic approach that allows healthcare delivery organizations (HDOs) to securely capture, manage, view and share vital information with the core clinical and business applications they already use every day.
· Healthcare content management helps healthcare providers achieve new levels of interoperability and patient-centric care by securely connecting patient content, including medical images, photos, videos and documents, for accessibility at the point of need. Lexmark Healthcare solutions complete the patient record with this critical information, empowering healthcare professionals to make more informed decisions that contribute to improved clinical outcomes and enabling HDOs to optimize existing technology investments and prepare the enterprise for future growth.
· Lexmark’s full array of healthcare content management solutions, capable of being implemented together or separately to integrate with a HDO’s existing applications, will be featured at HIMSS 2015, including:
o Vendor Neutral Archive (VNA) for standards-based access to medical images and clinical content across the enterprise;
o Document Management for capturing and integrating business and clinical documents and forms with core applications to optimize workflows;
o Enterprise Viewing for medical images and clinical content via a fully-interactive, zero-footprint diagnostic viewing experience across all devices in the continuum of care;
o Enterprise Image Connectivity for capturing clinical documents, photos and video to share with the EMR and beyond, including mobile devices;
o Open Image Exchange for the secure, cloud-based sharing and exchange of medical images and documents between HDOs through the use of standards-based technology; and
o Managed Print Services for a best-practices approach to print output management in the healthcare enterprise.
· “Developing an Enterprise Imaging Strategy with VNA” is one of 12 HIMSS15 education sessions offered in collaboration with CHIME. At 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 15 (Room N426), Lexmark Healthcare’s Larry Sitka will team with a customer to describe how their healthcare organization developed a vendor neutral archive strategy to eliminate imaging silos and create an interoperable infrastructure to streamline image access across 60 healthcare facilities.
· Lexmark Healthcare and Allscripts have established a long-term strategic partnership. Lexmark is now the standard clinical enterprise content management (ECM) solution for the Allscripts EHR platform. At HIMSS15, Barry Gutwillig, director of global healthcare channel management, Lexmark Healthcare, will present “Make Your EHR Smarter – Image Enable It” in the Allscripts Theater.
· Lexmark Healthcare will also share the latest news from HIMSS 2015 on:
o Live Blog from InContext Magazine
o LinkedIn - Lexmark Enterprise Software
o LinkedIn - Lexmark Healthcare Showcase
· Lexmark’s Acuo VNA is recognized by IHS as the world's number one independent vendor neutral archive solution. Data derived from the Definitive Healthcare database confirms Lexmark as the market leader among “hospitals employing vendor neutral archives.”
· Lexmark Healthcare is positioned as a "leader" in Gartner's most recent Magic Quadrants for enterprise content management, enterprise search and managed print services.
· Lexmark's enterprise image connectivity solutions are used by half of all U.S. hospitals.
· One hundred percent of U.S.-based HIMSS Stage 7 healthcare systems use Lexmark Healthcare products and solutions.
· If you are attending the conference, look for Lexmark Healthcare under our new logo at booth number 968.
· Onsite PRESS CONTACT: Jeremy McNeive at firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 488-9186
“Lexmark Healthcare represents the breadth of our offerings to the healthcare industry as we help provider organizations connect information silos to become more interoperable and achieve peak performance,” said Todd Hamblin, chief marketing officer, Lexmark. “We know that health systems are challenged with exponentially growing volumes of clinical and business content. Departments and information are disconnected from each other and patient content is scattered across and beyond the enterprise, making it difficult for healthcare professionals to make informed decisions, both clinical and business. Lexmark Healthcare uniquely brings this disparate information together within the EHR and other core applications.”
· Video introduction of Lexmark Healthcare
· InContext healthcare news and trends
· Lexmark Healthcare on LinkedIn
Lexmark (NYSE: LXK) creates enterprise software, hardware and services that remove the inefficiencies of information silos and disconnected processes, connecting people to the information they need at the moment they need it. Open the possibilities at www.Lexmark.com.