Lexmark in leaders quadrant of 2011 leading analyst firm MFP and printer report
Oct 25, 2011
LEXINGTON, Ky., Oct. 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) today announced it has been positioned by leading industry analyst firm Gartner, Inc. in the Leaders quadrant of their 2011 MFP and Printer Magic Quadrant(1).
Gartner issues independent multivendor reports that position vendors based on their "completeness of vision" and "ability to execute." In the report, Gartner defines Leaders as the following:
- Leaders are the most capable in providing MFPs (including SMFPs), printers and the associated printing solutions and services, regardless of customer location.
- Providers in the Leaders quadrant offer the most extensive product portfolio relative to their peers, and they have the broad channel capability to deliver the products to customers where they want to procure them.
- Leaders hold consistently high market share worldwide and are capable of delivering consistent service levels in the regions where Gartner customers are located.
- Leaders tend to have the deepest global capability and the inventiveness and resources, skills and vision to deliver superior levels of support to existing and future customers globally.
- Leaders have a proven track record of channeling R&D initiatives into products and solutions that customers need.
Lexmark offers an extensive portfolio of business-focused printers, multifunction products (MFPs) and all-in-ones (AIOs), many of which feature Lexmark's intuitive e-Task interface that simplifies complicated, multi-step processes and can be easily customized to meet customers' unique workflow needs. In the last three years alone, Lexmark has introduced more than 100 new printing and imaging devices targeted to small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and enterprises.
"We believe being positioned in the Leaders quadrant by Gartner affirms that the innovation in Lexmark's sophisticated smart MFPs extends them beyond just output and into providing productivity-enhancing workflow solutions," said Marty Canning, Lexmark executive vice president and president of Imaging Solutions and Services. "When adding our award-winning devices with enterprise content management from Perceptive Software, we go even further to help our customers solve pain points, move information faster and work more efficiently."
(1) Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for MFPs and Printers, Worldwide, Sharon McNee, Federico De Silva, October 24, 2011.
About the Magic Quadrant
The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2011 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the "Leaders" quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) provides businesses of all sizes with a broad range of printing and imaging products, software, solutions and services that help customers to print less and save more. Perceptive Software, a stand-alone software business within Lexmark, is a leading provider of enterprise content management software that helps organizations easily manage the entire lifecycle of their documents and content, simplifying their business processes, and fueling greater operational efficiency. In 2010, Lexmark sold products in more than 170 countries and reported more than $4 billion in revenue.
Lexmark and Lexmark with diamond design are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Lexmark International, Inc.
For further information: Melissa Lucas, +1-859-232-5806, firstname.lastname@example.org